Friday, April 27, 2007

Soul Sista

I went with my dad and another member from the church to a South Texas Baptist Association meeting in the 4th Ward this week. I had so much fun listening to the preachers talking. It made me want to jump up and scream, “Amen Brotha! Preach On!”... Afterward, we went to eat at a soul food restaurant. I’ve never had soul food before. I didn’t like it, but I pretended I was on a mission trip and ate it anyway. The trick is to put it in your mouth, swallow quickly, and follow it up by a drink of water. And then you smile. So for those of you going on a mission trip this summer, you'll have to remember that. And if it's really bad, then ask God to help you keep it down.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Kelly, just the thought of you jumping up screaming "Amen Brotha!" is enough to keep me smiling for the rest of the day...