I was listening to KSBJ this morning and they were talking about “non-truths” (aka lies) older people tell little ones. It reminded me of my brother. He always told me I was adopted, and I believed him for the longest time. But the one that really cracks me up now is what he told me about my grandmother. Every time I went over her house to visit, she would give me sugar cookies. I would eat several – they were so good! My brother then told me, “Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel?” “Yes.” “That’s what nanny’s trying to do to you. She’s giving you all those cookies to fatten you up, so she can throw you in the oven.” I was petrified. It took me a long time before I ate cookies over her house after that. Maybe subconsciously that’s why I didn’t eat any of Laurie’s cookies last night at hometeams. :)
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor little Kelly-girl, I'm glad you have a loving protective older sister. I just wish you would have come to me w/this, I would have set you free from the non-truth and you could have eaten as many sugar cookies as you wanted ;) I'm comforted to know that brownies has filled in for the sugar cookie gap.
LUV YA
That's too funny Kelly! I remember vividly when I realized that the "your face will stick that way" line wasn't true and then started remembering other little "untruths" my parents had told me over the years . . . for my own good of course! But thankfully, none of them kept me from eating cookies!
Post a Comment