Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mini Road Trip

Eric and I drove to Austin last night for dinner. We met his parents, uncle, and cousin at Cracker Barrel. It was a long drive, but I’m glad we went. His cousin, Maddy, is six years old. When she saw us she started jumping up and down and ran to give us a big hug. The whole night she was talking a hundred miles an hour and had the biggest grin on her face. She informed me that her dad said that we were now cousins. That makes me happy. I’ve never had a younger cousin. It’s so fun having an additional set of family members. We were able to catch up a lot. We haven’t seen his parents since the wedding. Yes, I’m tired today (we crawled into bed at half past midnight last night), but it was worth it.

0 comments: