Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bedtime and Pillow Talk

I love snuggling up to Eric as we lie in bed and talk before going to sleep. Our new sleep number bed is the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on; we’re so blessed. Every night we sink in the bed next to one another, read the Bible and pray together. I love reading God’s Word, discussing it with Eric and praying. It draws us closer to one another and to the Lord. I am amazed at the gift God has given me in Eric.

The other night before we went to sleep, Eric looked me in the eyes and told me how pretty I was. I laughed because I had no makeup on and I had on my lovely mouth guard. He must really love me! Then he jokingly laughed as I talked back to him; I have a lisp when I talk with my mouth guard on. This may sound funny, but before we married I wondered what he would think of my mouth guard. I mean how can you feel sexy with a mouth guard and a lisp? God is so good to me. He brought me a husband that thinks I’m pretty even when I look my very worst. And that’s how God sees us. Sometimes, we may think we’re ugly to God, but when He looks at us, He sees us through the blood of Christ and He thinks we’re pretty. Thank you Lord!

Now that doesn’t mean we should stay in our sin, but we should feel encouraged that God meets us where we are and rejuvenates us to reflect His glory. He loves us too much to let us stay stagnate. Do I hear an Amen?

0 comments: