Friday, September 05, 2008

It Makes Me Strangely Happy

I received a card in the mail at work from a precious lady. I helped organize her husband’s funeral, and she was telling me how much she appreciated it. It’s not very often when we get thank yous from people we’ve helped do funerals for. Which is fine, we work for the Lord anyway. This card was extra special though. It was addressed to Kelly Lauthlin. I was actually a little excited to have someone misspell my last name for the first time – don’t ask me why. I’m used to spelling it out for people, but no one has misspelled it yet. I knew it was coming though. Having the maiden name Parker, my last name was never misspelled; it’s so easy and common. In fact my first and last names were both that way. I guess in a way, with the last name Laughlin, I feel special, exotically different than other people. Kelly Nichole Laughlin kinda sounds like a famous person. I like it. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have had to spell my last name out EVERY single time I've said it to someone new! But I love it! :)