Monday, April 03, 2006

"Bring It On" Update

I've had people ask me who won the fight that was supposed to take place yesterday. Well, no one did. Laurie, Karla, and I made up and hugged. Reason being, Kirk never acknowledged our devotion to him, and to be honest, it really hurt ;(. We realized that it just wasn't worth it. The man should do the pursuing, not the woman. You've all heard of the book, "He's Just Not That Into You", well I haven't read it, but I still realized that Kirk just wasn't that into any of us. Sad, but true. Anyway, ladies, I wanted to give you nine ways to tell if a guy isn't into you. Maybe this will save you from the agony that Laurie, Karla, and I went through:

1. He never makes plans in advance. If he really wanted to see you, do you really think he would keep calling you on Friday to make plans for Saturday?

2. He talks too much about an ex-girlfriend. It's okay to reminisce about a past relationship, but if it's all he talks about, could it be he's not over her yet?

3. He won't talk about the future. We're not talking about ultimatums here or putting undue pressure on the guy. But if he refuses to discuss where things are headed, then can you really count on him to be the one?

4. He doesn't plan anything for special occasions. If your birthday is coming up or Valentine’s Day and it's not on his radar screen, do you think your happiness is top of mind for him?

5. He lets you do all the work. It's okay to plan some of the dates, but if you only see each other when you make it happen, then can he really claim to be committed to the relationship?

6. He's not clear about your status with friends and family. Does he tell you that you're his girlfriend but say something different in front of friends and family, like we're just close friends?

7. He's overly guarded about cell phone and email messages. People who hide nothing have nothing to hide. Why would he be so protective about messages if he had nothing to hide?

8. He has no interest in your friends and family. If this relationship has a future, at some point he'll have to establish relationships with the people important in your life. If he's not interested in meeting your friends and family, could it be he doesn't expect to be around too long?

9. He cancels on you all the time. Making plans is great but not if they're constantly cancelled by him. What could possibly come up every weekend that he bags on plans with you to do something else?

Okay, I should have known from reasons 3, 4, and 5. He never talked about the future, didn't even call me on my birthday much less do anything for Valentines, and I clearly had to do all the work. Not to mention that I haven't seen him in almost a month. It's so over!

6 comments:

Karla said...

That's right ladies! Never settle! Wait to be pursued and let God knock your socks off with the amazing guy he's going to bring in His perfect time! Love to all my sisters! :)

Erin said...

As the person who created this monster, I feel I need to defend the man in question. All jokes aside, Kirk Phifer really is a great guy. We all love you, Kirk!

Laurie said...

Kirkie-Pooh is definitely the best and I think he's wonderful...but he didn't even show up to witness the fight over his affections so I do think we were right in calling off the fight and joining forces against men who just aren't that into us. ;)

kelly said...

I just want to set the record straight that we are in no way bashing Kirk. Everyone loves him and we still do!

All I'm saying is that once you realize a guy just isn't that into you, then you should move on and stop wasting time and energy...One day some one will be into you and you can spend time and energy on them ;).

BTW: Just another record straightener: We were so just kidding about the whole "fight" thing. Like we would ever do that!

Anonymous said...

I could not bare to see any harm come to the ladies whom I love so dearly. So I stayed in my bed praying that the fight would resolve itself without violence. Now I am thankful that my gals are still as lovely as always.

kelly said...

See why we can't help but love Kirk ;)!