Friday, April 28, 2006

Join the GNC

No, I'm not talking about the vitamin store. I'm talking about the Global Night Commute for Invisible Children. This commute will raise awareness for the children in Northern Uganda. These kids live in constant fear of being abducted by rebel soldiers and forced to fight as part of their army. They walk miles every night to the closest shelter to sleep, so the rebels will not take them. The children that are taken are used as sex slaves and forced to kill. They're brainwashed and sometimes have to kill their own family. This Saturday night (the 29th), they are asking volunteers to sleep outside at Rice University. This is to show the government that we want them to take action. So grab your sleeping bag and come out this Saturday! We're getting a group to meet up and head out together, so if you're interested in joining us, then let me know. And it wraps up at 7 am Sunday morning, so you still have time to make it to class by 9:10 and service afterwards.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! I'm glad you are doing this. I would so be there if I could. I hope that it is a really cool experience