Yesterday I had really sad afternoon. Eric and I have been praying about an issue for the past six or so months, and God has not chosen to answer us yet. I know it's His timing and yes, I trust Him. But I feel like I'm on a roller coaster of emotions in the mean time. Disappointment is hard. My sweet husband is a lot more patient than I am and reminded me again yesterday that we need to remain faithful while we wait. So that's what we'll do. I felt better by the time I got home, but I still wasn't 100%. I opened the refrigerator and saw left over creamy jalapeno dip, but we didn't have any chips, so I walked to my parents' house to steal some of theirs. I was having a hard time opening the door, so my dad opened it and screamed, "Well HI Kelly!". I didn't know anyone was home, so it startled me. I screamed and immediately started crying. It wasn't his fault, but he felt awful. He gave me a great big hug and I cried all over his shirt for a while. I finally told him what was on my mind, and he hugged me again. Although Eric and I emailed and texted through out the day, it was nice to have some one to talk to face to face. And hugs always make me feel better. After a while I started to feel better. I know sometimes God chooses for His children to wait. We may not understand it, but we can rest in the fact that all of this is in His hands. When I got to work this morning, my desk calendar said, "Believing makes waiting more endurable." So we will continue to hope, believe and wait on the Lord.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment