Monday, August 18, 2008

Please Pray...

As many of you already know, Eric’s dad, Bill, has had cancer for the past year and a half. The particular cancer he has is very aggressive; the longest it’s been in remission is three months and every time it comes back worse. Eric’s mom called Saturday. Bill has a tumor growing in his abdomen. The tumor is deterring circulation in his right leg causing it to swell and it is also pressing on his bladder and bowels. Unfortunately, the doctors are unable to remove the tumor. If they do, it will cause the cancer cells to rapidly spread. They are hoping radiation will work. If it doesn’t help, then they’ve run out of options.

Please pray for healing. I don’t know if it’s selfish of me to pray that God will heal him here on earth rather than take him to heaven right away. I want to get to know my father-in-law better. I want him to know his future grandchildren. My heart especially goes out to Donna and Eric. Joel, Eric’s brother, passed away eight years ago of cancer. Their family has been through so much. How much more can they take?

I think of this and I’m reminded that we do not go through difficulties alone. In times like these God is able to show His glory and strength in the midst of sorrow. So I guess my prayer is God’s perfect healing whether in heaven or on earth. And for peace, comfort and strength for all of us. I’m not going to act tough; it’s hard on everyone. Thank you for praying.

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly & Eric,
I don't get to see you all very often, and generally I am not much of a "Blog Reader" but when I received Erin's note about this post, I opened it and it really touched me. The Lord is a sovereign God and I know he knows our hearts. When you talked about wanting to know your Father in Law better I knew you had an aching heart, and I know it really must be a quiet time for Eric as well. I don't believe the Lord ever wants to hurt us, but Life is a gift from Him and He decides our time here on earth and when He wants to bring us home to Him in His heavenly realm. I will pray that the Lord will strengthen your lives and allow you to encourage your families through this time of difficulty.
Ephesians 1: 15-17 speaks of what I am trying to convey in this bit of an ambling post:
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Love you guys. Mr. B.

kelly said...

:) Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. I praise the Lord that He is always with us - in the good times and the sad times. He's better to us than we deserve.