Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Little Anna

Eric and I took dinner to Robbie and Ashly last night. We had an ulterior motive though – we wanted to see the baby! Anna's almost three weeks old and she’s so little bitty and absolutely precious. I just love babies!

… While I’m on the subject of babies, I’m going to venture into a mini rant (not that Robbie and Ashly said anything about it last night, but I’m going to go there). When I was single, people asked when I was going to start dating. When Eric and I started dating, people asked when we were going to get married. Now that we’re married, people are asking when we’re going to have a baby. We haven’t even been married two months! All I’m saying is that we need to enjoy the place God has us – enjoy every minute. Single – enjoy the freedom that comes with it. Dating – enjoy getting to know the person you’re with. Engaged – enjoy the planning process of a wedding. Married – enjoy living with your spouse. Too many of us are never content where we are; we always look to the next “step”. If we’re always looking ahead, then we’ll miss the blessings God has for us in the stage He wants us to be in. Enjoy life where you are.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Amen!!