My sister’s birthday was yesterday, so in honor of this momentous occasion, I’m listing a few quirks and reasons why I’m glad she’s my sister and not some one else’s:
- She has more nicknames than anyone I know – Duncan, Webster, Powder, Little Bic, Atlas and anything else I can think of at the time
- She watches Jane Austen movies with me while we drink hot tea and eat English cookies
- She has to buy little boy’s socks because her feet are so small
- When she uses big words, she thinks she has to define them for me - “as in” tell me what they mean
- She makes the best tea in the world and it’s always in the refrigerator
- She can talk and talk and talk; she can be very passionate about certain things
- She sings all the time
- She can always tell when I need a hug
- She loves the Lord above all else
- She gives the best back rubs
- She may be small but she has big personality
- She looks 22 without her glasses but with them she looks 25
- She’s always researching things on the internet
- She gives Godly advice and counsel
- People ask us all the time which one’s older or if we’re twins
- She treats me like her daughter and spoils me
- She’s a prayer warrior
- She speaks in accents with me
- She does a perfect impression of FB, but she refuses to do it unless Matt and I bug her insistently and she’s in a goofy mood
There’s a lot more, but I’ll stop here.
Melanie, Happy Birthday! I am so blessed to have you as my sister.

1 comments:
Kelly girl, with tears in my eyes I thank-you! I am the one who's blessed...
Post a Comment