
Nixiana, the girl in the blue, gave me two eggs. No one has ever given me fresh eggs before. I smiled and told her thank-you all the while wondering why in the world she gave me eggs. Jeannie and I asked the pastor (some girl gave Jeannie an egg too) what the meaning of it was. It means she wants to be my life-long friend. I have a life-long friend in the middle of the jungle in a village named Tabarde. How cool is that ;)? I bet you're wondering what I did with the eggs. Craig ate them. Yep, he cracked it open and swallowed it raw - ewwwe! He didn't die, so I guess it's okay.
On a side note. The older boy in the picture is Otillio. He's my friend too. All week he answered all the questions correctly in VBS and he has the sweetest smile ever (I wish he smiled in the picture). I told Celia I think he's going to be a pastor when he grows up. She asked him one night what he wanted to be. He said a pastor. I was right ;). The pastor of the church in Tabarde disciples him. I pray he sticks with it.
Just in case you were wondering. You don't have to give me an egg to be your friend. But if you must, please boil it. Thanks.

2 comments:
Glad to see you back - "Sam pipi"
I try to eat egg whites these days... will that do?
Post a Comment