Friday, August 18, 2006

Joe's Crack Shack

My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are down this week. This past weekend our whole family went to Galveston for a couple of days. Sunday night we went to Joe's Crab Shack. It was a nice pleasant evening until a large group of early twenty somethings came in. They sat at the table right beside us. When my brother got up to go to the restroom, he noticed one of the guys at the table had his rear end completely exposed. His pants were saggy, so when he sat down, half his crack was sticking out of his pants. If that's not bad enough while you're eating, then making a big scene about it is. He tells Stephanie (his wife). They started laughing hysterically and told us about it. Then, Matt, my brother, starting making spit balls out of his napkin and tried to launch them across the way to "hit the mark". When that didn't work, my dad, who was feeding my nephew at the time, tried to inconspicuously throw cherrios. By this time we were getting a little out of hand and practically the whole restaurant turned around to look at us. Did they stop? No. Melanie got out her camera phone to take a picture for her blog, but I ended up talking her out of it. I felt like Lizzy at the party in "Pride and Prejudice". We are so that family.

4 comments:

Troy said...

That is a great story!

Anonymous said...

that is a spectacular story!

Anonymous said...

It is still just as funny today! I so wish we had gotten a picture!!

kelly said...

I would love it if Mr. Darcy came ;)... Okay Kelly, come off of cloud 9!

BTW: I love you guys - I don't think you're insane just crazy sometimes. But crazy is good.