Friday, June 30, 2006

Fun Friday Test

Your Linguistic Profile:
60% General American English
25% Dixie
10% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

5 comments:

Laurie said...

So I was 70% General American English and 25% Dixie. The rest were zeros. That only adds up to 95%...hmmmm. Does that mean the other 5% is my own special language?

Troy said...

My results were:
75% General American English
5% Dixie
5% Midwestern
5% Upper Midwestern
5% Yankee

The remaining 5% must be West Coast English (not to be confused with Valley, which is not a language at all.) My results are a good representation of my family background and upbringing. I am dialecticly diverse.

Jonathan said...

My Linguistic Profile:
55% General American English
20% Yankee
10% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
5% Midwestern

Anonymous said...

And you all call me a Yankee!!! Kenutucky is still part of the South!!!!

50% General American English
30% Dixie
10% Yankee
5% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

Erin said...

50% General American English
25% Dixie
20% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

How's that for confused? Actually I am just a chameleon... I've picked up cajun from Ann, Hawaiian from Dee, and many more along the way. And I've just been with my relatives from Kentucky and Nebraska....