Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Look Back at 5.5.07

Today marks the two year anniversary of the first day Eric and I had our first conversation and started dating. I had a crush on Eric since the first time I saw him at a home teams Bible Study, but we never had a chance to really talk. I was too nervous to go up and talk to him and I found out later that he had too much going on at the time for a relationship.
The Singles’ Spring Retreat was this time two years ago, and I drove up with a couple of friends, Erin and Alison. We had a nice relaxing time that afternoon and that night was a Cinco de Mayo party. I wasn’t in the mood for the dance, but I thought I’d go for a little while and check it out. As I was getting ready I thought, “Who knows? I may meet the man I’m going to marry tonight.”
At the dance I saw some friends of mine, so I went over to go talk to them. I saw Eric was in the group, and I got so excited when he started talking to me. We talked and talked and talked. Neither one of us likes to dance much, so we talked all night. We realized how much we had in common and got along really well. At this point the dance started winding down and people were leaving, so I told Eric I better go back to my room and I’d see him the next day. I secretly wanted him to walk me to my room, but he stayed behind. I walked out the door and saw a couple more people I knew, so I stopped to say hi. Eric came out about that time and he walked me to where I was staying – YES!!! :) We ended up walking past my room and had to turn around. I was smiling ear to ear when I went upstairs. Erin was already asleep, but I remember telling Alison all about “this guy I met.”
The next day (the last day of the retreat) we were inseparable, and I loved it. We even were able to drive home in the same car. I loved spending so much time with him. I was disappointed that he never asked for my number, but that night I received a call from Alyssa. She told me Eric asked her for my number and asked if it was okay if she gives it to him. Of course I said yes! :)
May 9, 2007 was our first date and we’ve been together ever since. I love him more and more every day and am so thankful to the Lord for bringing us together. I truly believe we were made for one another.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*tear*

This is so sweet! Y'all are just right for each other!

Erin said...

I will never forget the next morning... you and I were the first ones up, and you said in your sweet Kelly voice, with an added dose of dreaminess and stars in your eyes, "I met somebody last night."

Laura SanchezQuan said...

Awe, that's so sweet!

Reminds me of when Sergio and I met...

YAY!

Mattie Hopper said...

love it!

so i've been a lurker for a little while and was glad to see that your blogging hiatus had ended. i'm bad about commenting but i'm working on getting better. comments are fun. :)

-blakely

kelly said...

Blakely!!! I haven't seen you in forever! :) You need to put some pictures of your little one on facebook, so I can see.