Friday, August 01, 2008

24 Cycling

I joined 24 Hour Fitness Saturday. Eric and I thought it was time to go back to the gym now that things have settled from the wedding. I didn’t realize how out of shape I had gotten over the past few months. I’ve been feeling good after all the workouts until last night. I was really excited about the cycling class they offered. Eric and I and Gilley and Melani tried it out last night. It was an hour of the most intense work out I’ve had. Not only to you peddle as hard and fast as you can, but there were several intervals where you had to lift your bottom off the seat and peddle while squatting. That’s the part that got me. I wanted to quit so bad, but I’m stubborn. I think what made it worse was looking over at Eric and watching him do the work out without a problem. He looked like a pro and I felt like an idiot. He kept telling me how proud he was of me, but I think I may have to work out a bit longer before I try that class again. Needless to say, I can hardly move today and going up the stairs is next to impossible. I’m making every effort not to go to the second floor today! I called Eric this morning to see if he was sore; he said yes – it made me feel better that he was in pain too. Is that bad?

0 comments: