Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hooka

I'm working with the nine year olds in Houston Project this year. We were talking Monday night about cute boys. One girl said that whenever she sees one it makes her feel like falling to the ground. I had to agree with her ;). Then another girl told me her cousin was a "hooka". "Oh", I said trying not to sound too shocked. "Yeah, she like a different boy eva week. Her name is ____ (intentionally let blank to keep confidential), but she tells people to call her hooka." "How old is she?" I asked thinking she was probably a teenager. "She five. And she wear her shorts up to here (pointing high on her thigh) and shirts up to here (above the midriff). And she be cussin' all the time." Five years old! At first, I admit, I wanted to laugh, but then I thought "how sad". The world these kids grow up in! I pray God will turn many hearts to Him this week.

0 comments: