Saturday night I joined all the "tree huggers" as I like to call them and spent the night with over a thousand people at Rice University (see previous post as to why). After we parked we walked two miles to the field where we were supposed to sleep. I cursed myself for being so high maintenence. I had a bag with necessities, sleeping bag, blow-up mat, and a 50 pound tarp (I may be exaggerating on the weight, but it sure was heavy!). Melody and Carmen helped me carry it though. When we arrived we were asked to write letters to the president and our congress representatives. Then, we decorated a picture of ourselves for a book they're going to make of all the participants. I looked on the website this morning to see if they had anything to say about the commutes in other cities, but they must not have updated it yet. I know in Tennessee it rained all night. Most of the people left. Praise the Lord it didn't rain in Houston! But I was thinking, all the kids in Uganda that make that trip do it no matter if it rains or not because their life depends on it. We have it so good in America, and I know I don't thank the Lord enough for all HIS blessings. Even the poorest people here have it so better than most of the people in the world. Join me today in praising the Lord for HIS abundant blessings in our lives. I'll keep you all updated about the outcome of the GNC across the world. Please pray for the war in Uganda to end and the precious children to be protected.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment