I received critical fashion advice from a four year old last night. I used to teach Clayton in pre-school a couple of years ago, and I baby-sit for him occasionally. Last night we were outside playing baseball, and he told me he didn't like my ponytail. I had my hair knotted up in the back (I was going for the messy look). I thought it looked cute, but he informed me that it was goofy looking and it didn't match my shirt. Humm... I was wearing an Asian shirt, and my hair somewhat symbolized chop sticks, but whatever. He told me four or five times through out the night to take my hair down. And when I tucked him in bed, he told me that next time I come over I should either wear my hair in two ponytails or down because he liked it better that way. I never knew my hair would disconcert a four year old.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is too cute! He's starting off good...he knows exactly what he likes and isn't ashamed to share it!
Justin, I didn't catch you typing 'think' twice until you said something, but now I'm just confused ;). Yeah, I may try the side ponytail thing. I guess it can't be "goofier" than the knotted thing I had going on.
Bonnie, I don't know if it's so good that Clayton's expressing his opinion so blatantly. I tend to prefer flattery as long as it's not over-done.
Melanie, I don't think all dad's shirts actually "match" his hair, but they blend quite nicely. Mom does a good job; at least dad doesn't shop for himself - nothing would match ;).
Post a Comment