I am a bit obsessed with something I always gave guys a hard time about. I now feel your pain, your desire to see it through. Yes, I am obsessed with mastering a game – a computer game (which makes it worse in some way). It doesn’t even have amazing graphics to draw you. A few weeks ago, a church member from my dad’s church came by the office and brought us this game. It took a while before I even committed to playing it because I always deemed video games a waste of precious time. Once I started I had to finish; I had to conquer the “Seven Wonders”. I took the game home and played every night. A friend called last Saturday morning at 9:30 am. I didn’t answer. Why? I stayed up until 4 am playing. I called him back when I finally decided to wake up at 11. “Did you just wake up?” I’d been caught…I proceeded to tell him the whole miserable truth. He laughed and said I could no longer make fun of him for having video game parties with his guy friends. No, I will no longer make fun of any guy for their obsession with video games. I understand completely. I am pleased to say that I finally made it past the last level. Praise the Lord! I have a life again, I’m going to sleep at night, I’ve resumed reading, and I’m hanging out with friends. I still find myself wanting to play, but it’s not taking over my life like it did before.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
glad to have you back
Post a Comment