Friday, April 16, 2010

I Thought I Loved You Then

After almost two years of marriage, Eric and I finally ordered our wedding picture. We picked our favorite one and had it printed on a large wrap around canvas. It came in yesterday, and we hung it above our bed. As we set back and looked at it, I made mention that I'm not as pretty as I used to be. Let's face it, I've put on a few pounds since our wedding day. In the picture, my make up and hair were perfection, I had a nice tan, and I just had a glow about me. Eric looked at me and said, to him, I'm prettier than I've ever been. I laughed and asked how that was possible. He said he knows me and loves me more than he ever has and that's what makes me beautiful. :) Isn't he amazing? It's like he read that out of a book or something! ... But really, that's what marriage is about. Drawing closer to each other and the Lord and loving one another more as each day passes - through the hard and good times. It reminds me of the song, "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley. Just when I think I couldn't love Eric anymore, another moment passes, and my love grows.

0 comments: