Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hallmark After Christmas Shopping

I took the day after Christmas off. My mom and I woke up ­very early on the 26th and went to Hallmark. We weren’t sure what time they opened, so we arrived a little after 7. Come to find out, they opened at 8, but there were several ladies already in line. I sat in the car for a bit while my mom put on make-up. I questioned the line and she told me that the ladies can be vicious. They stand in line and when the doors open, they scramble for a bag and run to the ornaments. She told me to grab a bag and as many ornaments as I like. You don’t have time to look and make your decision right then. After you get everything you think you may want, you find a spot towards the back of the store and go through and weed out what you don’t want. Since I was a novice to Hallmark after Christmas shopping, I appreciated the advice. A few minutes later, she kicked me out of the warm car to stay in line because more ladies were coming. The ladies in line turned out to be friendly, and we had good conversations until the door opened. Then it was every lady for herself. I held my own, and I got everything I wanted, and a few things I didn’t know I wanted until I saw them. We have so many cute ornaments for next year! We actually already hung them on the tree. I’m not planning on taking it down for a while. I enjoy looking at it and so does Eric. I think Hallmark after Christmas shopping is going to become a tradition for my mom and me.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you had fun!

As for me... I almost had a panic attack just imagining being in that situation! ;-)