Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Movie Review - By Me

My sweet husband took me to see Twilight this weekend. We were in a theater full of teenage girls that sighed every time Robert Pattinson (Edward) came on the screen. I wouldn’t say the movie was horrible, but it certainly didn’t meet my expectations. I already knew it wasn’t going to be as good as the book – there’s no way they can put all the emotion and develop the plot as well as a book can. And besides that, I like hearing what the characters are thinking, although, you can hear some of Bella’s thoughts in the movie. Anyway, I thought the direction and special effects were horrible! I guess they didn’t have a big budget, but some of the actors could not act, music played at inopportune times, the flashbacks were cheesy and the action scenes were lacking. I was sad because this movie had the potential to be SO much better. I want some one who has a lot of money to try it again. It’s worth seeing, but don’t get your hopes up too high.
But on a happy unrelated note, I making my favorite dinner for my sugarbear and me tonight – spaghetti. I’ve been craving it for days now. Yay for yummy food!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I was curious to see your opinion of the movie. I thought it was good, but I'm pretty sure if I had not read the books, I wouldn't have liked it. To someone who hasn't read the books, the acting would seem horrible, but I thought it just fit the tone of the books. I think the books have a melodramatic tone, and I thought the movie captured that quite well. While I wasn't happy with all the decisions the director made, I thought it was a pretty faithful interpretation of the book.

(To people other than Kelly: if you haven't read the second book and intend to, stop reading here.)

And on a side note, I feel I should defend my position on the second book. I didn't think it was sad because I knew there were two more books in the series and thus, Edward would not be gone forever. And when I say I like Jacob, I mean I like him for me (I like to root for the underdog)--I like Edward for Bella.

Okay, I think I'm officially a nerd. :P

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. The movie wasnt horrible but it could have been SO much better.

It was a low budget film so I'm hoping New Moon will be better!