It's that time of year again... The Rattlesnake Roundup is about to begin in Sweetwater, Texas. We used to live a few miles from Sweetwater and would go to the roundup every year. My dad and brother used to hunt the snakes with fellow hunters; I was too young to go. I still remember looking into the huge pits swarming with snakes and hearing their rattles. At the roundup you could purchase just about anything made out of their skin. And of course you could eat them - as you may have guessed, they taste like chicken. Today Yahoo! News had an article about it. Apparently the ecologist don't approve. Obviously they don't live where rattlesnakes are prevalent. They would kill our livestock, pets, and every once in a while, people. I say kill as many as you can and have fun doing it.
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOL! Growing up in West Texas, when you saw a ratteler, you grabbed your hoe and started chopping. Unethical? Please! Okay, yes, I've seen Animal Planet where 'police' come 'rescue' the snakes off people's property, but in the country you rescue yourself and make a sport of it if you can.
We did the same with copperheads.
Post a Comment