Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sweets Ease the Pain?

I heared on KSBJ this morning that when a child hurts themself, the parent should give them sweets because it helps the pain, and it gets their mind off of it. Well, as it turns out, I hit my knee on a dumbell while working out this morning. So, I thought, "Hum, I'm going to try the theory out and eat some chocolate." I tried a piece of assorted chocolate left over from Valentine's and it was yucky, so I threw it away. However, I decided to give it a second try. As I was making my yogurt parfait with strawberries, yogurt, and oats my eyes glazed at the Hershey syrup. In a moment of insanity, I poured the chocolate in my yogurt. Let me tell you, it was disgusting! It's kinda like when they made purple ketchup - you know it's not supposed to look like that, so you can't bring yourself to eat it. Well, I didn't want to waste my strawberries, so I made myself eat it. When I got finished, I started getting nauseated and almost lost it all. Fortunately, I have a strong stomach and it all stayed down, but I was a little late to work because of it. But the good news is, that it got my mind off my aching knee ;). Next time, I think I'll stick to a sucker.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It pains me to hear of such an unpleasant experience involving chocolate. I think you should make up for it tonight with some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream covered in Hershey's chocolate syrup. It has never done me wrong and I assure you, any pain you are feeling will be a long-lost memory when the creamy, chocolatey goodness rolls over your tongue....

Jessica said...

Ugh, I can't believe you brought up the purple ketchup... Do they even still sell that? I couldn't bring myself to try it either...